Re: Watching updateability of a list item in Forms6i

From: Hilary Band <hband_at_csc.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2005 06:15:44 -0700

"Petr" <ecotaj_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1112820698.680692.195330_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> I am getting a list item become NON updateable
> after I query the block on a Forms application.
>
> I'd like to find out at what stage (which trigger)
> causes it to change its property. How can I watch
> that in debugger ? Or any other way ?
>
> Also, how can I view the value of a variable through
> the debugger ? I get a multi line error message when
> I run
>
> PL/SQL> debug getv('variable_name')
>
> Advice is much appreciated.
>
> Petr.

To find out which triggers are firing, go to Tools, Preferences... on the menu bar in Forms Builder. On the Runtime tab, check the 'Debug Messages' box then click OK. Now when you run your form you will get an alert every time a trigger fires that tells you which trigger has just fired. While doing this, observe when your list item become non-updateable. You should be able to narrow down which trigger is causing the problem. Once you have this information, go back to Tools, Preferences... and turn off the Debug Messages by unchecking the box (they are incredibly annoying!).

To look at the value of a variable in the Forms Debugger, simply set a suitable breakpoint. When the debugger comes up, in the middle pane expand the Stack node, then the appropriate function/procedure node that you want to look at. This will show you the current values of the variables in the bit of code. If you want to watch a particular value, simply step through the code and watch what happens in the stack.

H Received on Fri Apr 08 2005 - 15:15:44 CEST

Original text of this message