Re: Oracle 10g forms problem; "run form" only produces text in temp .htm file

From: <mcbill20_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2005 23:22:30 -0800

Mark C. Stock wrote:
> <mcbill20_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I just installed Oracle 10g developer tools on an XP Pro machine.
> > Everything connects OK. When I use the data block and canvas
wizards,
> > the database tables appear and everything seems to work fine.
However,
> > when I try to do the "run form", a new browser window pops up with
text
> > rather than an Oracle form.
> >
> > The URL is: C:\Documents and Settings\BMcLaughlin\Local
> > Settings\Temp\s1c0.9htm
> >
> > Here is the text from the window:

> > <form name="pform" action="http://scooby:8889/forms90/f90servlet"
> > method="POST">
> > <input type="hidden" name="form"
> > value="E:\Users\BMcLaughlin\OracleForms\current_temperature.fmx">
> > <input type="hidden" name="userid"
> > value="BMCLAUGHLIN/xijui823696j_at_db1">
> > <input type="hidden" name="obr" value="yes">
> > <input type="hidden" name="array" value="YES">
> >
> > I have no clue what is going on at this point. Has anyone else run
into
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Bill
> >

> i experienced the same problem, but was not able to explain or
resolve why
> forms is causing the problem
>
> but if you look closely at the url you'll see the extension on the
temp file
> is malformed '.9htm' instestead of '.htm', so the browser interprets
the
> file as a text file instead of an HTML file
>
> AFAIR, refreshing the browser window will display the file correctly
>
> ++ mcs

Thanks. Actually, refreshing the browser still pulls up the same problem but if I take out the "9" or whatever bogus number appears, I get the correct page. Also, it never happens on the first time. That is, if I exit Oracle Forms and go back in, the first one always works. But if I make a modification and then do another execute form, I get the text again.

Not a big deal really-- at least I can just keep taking the number out. It's just an annoyance.

Bill Received on Sat Mar 26 2005 - 08:22:30 CET

Original text of this message