OEM - VNI-4002 : Unknown gateway exception java.lang.String

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsenatdotnospamtiscalidotdk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:51:49 +0100

Hi,
We receive 'VNI-4002 : Unknown gateway exception java.lang.String' when trying to
register an adapter down event in OEM.

w2k v5.00.2195 sp 4
IC/Adapters v9.0.4.0.2
OEM 9.2.0.1
DB 9.2.0.6 (HUB Install - separate server install from the OEM repository) DB 9.2.0.6 (OEM repository)

In OEM the node 'Interconnect' is visable and under that node both adapters and the IC repository are visable and functional also from connections from clients, but we are unfurtunately unable to register UpDown events.

We have searched both metalink, google and these fine oracle groups without much to go from, so we would be more than grateful if someone could give us some clues as to solve the problem.

The IC/OEM post installation steps have - to the best of our knowledge - been
performed (as we otherwise would not have been able to 'see' the Interconnect node,
the hub etc.)

Kind Regards,
Keld Nielsen Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 21:51:49 CET

Original text of this message