Copying tables with Long Raw column and conversion of those columns

From: <>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 14:10:36 -0800

[Quoted] I am attemtping to copy a table from an Oralce 8.1.7 database to a 9.I database via a DBLINK. I don't have access to the source server to do an export. The table has its last column as a long raw(7000). I want to both copy the table and then to convert the long raw data to a column type from which I can extract the text only data.

I have tried some suggestions found on the Oracle groups, but with no luck.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Feb 04 2005 - 23:10:36 CET

Original text of this message