Re: Capture Oracle report

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 26 Jan 2005 00:04:22 -0800

John Lin (JohnLinMail_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Thanks Mark. Our report is report based. However, the IT person
: would not update the codes for me. Therefore I cannot directly
: access the database. There is no place I can put DESFORMAT and
: DESTYPE parameters to control output format. What I can do is "READ"
: and "RETYPE" the report. :(

: Thanks Mark again for your response.

You can run a report from the command line, though I'm not sure of the program name used to do this. That program accepts parameters on the command line, including ones that are not explicitly provided to you by the person who set up the form.

I think that DESFORMAT and DESTYPE are standard parameters supported by the report running program.

So, unless I'm way off base (which is possible) then you can do something like

        runrpt.exe NAME=my-report DESFORMAT=PDF

though you need to find the manual or help file to confirm all the details of what and how to do this cause I only looked at this in passing a long time ago now.

--

This space not for rent.