Re: anyone know the dbca command line for windows?

From: Glen S <whoknows_at_no_spam.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:03:07 GMT

niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com wrote:
> Glen S wrote:
>

>>I had to re-install 9ir2 on my XP box after the OS croaked and had to

> be
>
>>re-installed, and I just let oracle install over the existing oracle
>>home (c:\oracle\ora9i\)as it was all left intact. All that went ok

> and I
>
>>patched it up to 9.2.0.6 thinking I'll just re-create my local db to
>>hold the management server repository.  The problem is that some of

> menu
>
>>items are gone, for console it is no problem as oemapp console works

> as
>
>>it does in linux, but there is no dbca that I can see, except on

> another
>
>>9i windows box I see there is a dbca.cl that is run by launch.exe, so

>>copied it over to my local machine and edited it to reflect the local

>>machine but I still get nothing.

> dbca should work fine, there is (or should be) a batch file in the
> %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory. This directory is, or should be, in your
> path environment variable.
>
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com

thanks Niall

By looking at another 9i machine I saw that the shortcut used the launch.exe in the %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory, but there was no .bat file to be found. In any case I just re-installed the dbca component from the 9i cd and now I can see it fine, I made a note to self to just blow away the oracle dir etc.. the next time I re-install and avoid a lot of little annoyances like this. I found that the emca would see my previous management server repository ok after I just re-created the service for it with oradim and applied the 9.2.0.6 patch, but I couldn't get it to work so I just had it create a new repository within the same db.

I was going to just go with 10g OEM after I had to re-install the OS, but from what little I have seen of it so far it looks like there is no other way to monitor all the databases from a single interface other than to download and install the entire grid-control!, but I'm still checking in to it on my SuSE machine with its new 10g install...

cheers! Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 17:03:07 CET

Original text of this message