Re: Doing Validation before Commit

From: Elie Constantine <elie.constantine_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2004 04:03:48 -0800

Great!

so let's suppose I put this code in a procedure called Test_Before_Save

BEGIN
    .. your code here
 EXCEPTION
    WHEN <some_condition> THEN
      .. whatever you wish
 END; Now where can I call the Test_Before_Save procedure from?

Should I do it from the KEY-COMMIT trigger on the form level or from the KEY-COMMIT trigger on the detail datablock level or from the master datablock level.

Or should I call it from another trigger like POST-FORM...

Regards,

Elie,