Forms LOV with duplicate names

From: steve deno <sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2004 16:37:39 -0800

[Quoted] Hi, I did not see an answer for this funny LOV problem. Please guide me if it's been answered. Aslo, as I write, I realize the simplicity makes it seem like a school project. It isn't

I have a query block with 3 fields: ID, number, and name. The user may know the number, or the name, and wants to query on either. I want to validate the one they enter(name or number) and fill in the other(name or number) for them in the query block, then use the id to go get their data. To do this I have tried one LOV that looks up all 3 values, and two LOVs that look up all 3, but the one problem is that there are duplicate names in the name data so when they put in a number and tab out of the field, the name gets populated, but then when they try to search, the name shows the list because there are multiples.

If this situation is familiar to anyone, did you find an easy way to solve it?

It seems so simple, but I am stumped.

Thanks in advance... Received on Tue Nov 23 2004 - 01:37:39 CET

Original text of this message