Re: ORA-6552, ORA-6553

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:17:42 -0800

Guenther Kober wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm "trying" to edit a fine-working existing script:
>
> SELECT COUNT (*)
> INTO the_count
> FROM TABLE_A
> WHERE ID = p_status;
>
> So, i wanted to change the table to TABLE_B and the where-clause to where
> TRANS_ID.
>
> But when I compile, I get the errors:
>
> PL/SQL: ORA-06552: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
> ORA-06553: PLS-320: the declaration of the type of this expression is
> incomplete or malformed
>
> The only difference is, that in the TABLE_B a column with the same name
> (TABLE_B) exists.
>
> Am I blind or what am I doing wrong?
>
> Best regards,
> -gue-

There is no way that your SQL statement, above, could cause an error with a timestamp column unless

  1. An old version of Oracle ... why didn't you tell us the version
  2. Running the SQL statement in an old or inadequate front-end

How about providing some more information if you want help.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington