Re: TOAD export to MYSQL insert dups?

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:27:34 -0600

kmh_at_excaliburinc.com (Ken Handzik) wrote:

>The only useful response I have found so far came from another site.
>
>Someone pointed out that Primary keys in Oracle are not automatically
>Unique.
>
>I'm am only familiar with Mysql where this is automatic.
>
>Is this peculiar to Oracle or to Mysql?
>
>I still have to find out how the application can be working correctly
>at all with no Unique key on what seems to be such an important table,
>but that's just my next problem.
Actually, when you create a Primary Key constraint, it does enforce uniqueness automatically ( that is part of the definition of a Primary Key) - The existence of this constraint prevents duplicate values of the key from being inserted into table. Received on Mon Nov 01 2004 - 16:27:34 CET

Original text of this message