TOAD export to MYSQL insert dups?

From: kmh <kmh727_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:05:59 GMT

I'm new to Oracle and quite confused.

I used free TOAD to export data from an 8.1 Oracle table. I also got the table definition with free TOAD.

The only changes I made were field types VARCHAR2->VARCHAR and NUMERIC(l,p)->DECIMAL(l,p).
And I dropped all constraints other than the primary key.

When I try to load the data into a MYSQL database because I don't need Oracle on my laptop, I get duplicate values on the primary key?

[Quoted] How is this possible? How can an export give me more than one record for each unique primary key? Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 08:05:59 CEST

Original text of this message