Populate Heirarchical tree from master detail tables?

From: steve deno <sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 11:47:13 -0700

[Quoted] Sorry for cross posting but I thought maybe tools was a better place than server for this after the fact.

All,

I am building a form where a heirarchical tree control would be very useful. In the documentation I have looked at, they only speak of querying heirarchical tables with self joins. Has anyone queried multi-level master detail relationships in to a tree? For example, If I had a Houses table, a rooms table and a furniture table - for lack of a better example, and wanted to have a house which can be clicked on, showing rooms, which have furniture items underneath. Would a view based on these tables joined by their primary keys be usable in a heirarchical tree using the psuedo columns Level, etc. I need to read further to understand the queries, but if anyone has had experience, a simple example would be very helpful.

Thanks very much

Steve Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 20:47:13 CEST

Original text of this message