Re: tool for ... wrong group

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:02:36 GMT

Christophe Marcel wrote:

> I am truly sorry about that. I will be more careful in the future.
>
> Where does one go to see the guidelines for newsgroups? I obviously now
> know better for comp.databases.oracle.tools, but how do I avoid making a
> similar faux pas elsewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christophe

On behalf of the community, we accept - and appreciate - your apology.

We request any announcements, advertisements, job offers, resumes and the like (things that generally do not need a response but are important to the community) should go to comp.database.oracle.marketplace

Other than that,

- server information and assistance requests go to cdo.server;
- any Oracle tools to cdo.tools;
- all else to cdo.misc;
- cdo itself is consider deas and is not carried by all news servers.

Many groups are established by a charter which defines the guideline and intent of the group. An iSearch (eg: Google) for the term 'Charter' and the group name should point to the charter.

HTH
/Hans Received on Sat Oct 02 2004 - 02:02:36 CEST

Original text of this message