ORACLE DSN keeps connection to LDAP

From: Hermes <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:34:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I'm using a DSN connection to connect to an Oracle database for querying onto an ASP page. Something strange is happening though, on the server running the IIS. When ever a call to the oracle dsn connection is made the ports
to the ldap server are created (guessing its when it validates the db username and password from the dsn). However when they get established they do not disconnect. All the asp coding is closing connections to the db on the
dsn so we guess its a setup issue with our dsn. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

  TCP    IISbox:4597        ldap.domainname.co.uk:ldap  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    IISbox:4649        ldap.domainname.co.uk:ldap  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    IISbox:4652        ldap.domainname.co.uk:ldap  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    IISbox:4664        ldap.domainname.co.uk:ldap  ESTABLISHED

Kind regards,
Hermes Received on Sat Oct 02 2004 - 01:34:32 CEST

Original text of this message