Jdeveloper 9051 problem - files zero'ed out.

From: Jim Hill <jhill2_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:31:03 GMT

I had a strange problem with JDeveloper 9051 a couple of days ago. I was making changes to some PHP files in a project. I had done several Save, then Run, Save then Run, etc... Then I got an error trying to write the PHP files. I tried using Save All, but it reported the same thing. I closed down Apache (the webserver for the PHP files). I tried shutting down anything else that I thoguht might have an effect. Still no go. So, I shutdown the JDeveloper application (of course, got the messages to save the current project, but again the error). As it was shutting down, it listed several other files that it had an error writing - the only one I remember was System.sys.

When I went to restart JDeveloper, it displayed the splash screen, then went away. Running "jdev.exe" from DOS command line showed a Null Pointer Exception while trying to read the addin config file. I went to the Jdev\bin folder and saw that several of the initialization files (maybe a dozen) all had a size of 0 bytes, and last update time of just a few minutes earlier. After deleting all of the 0 length files, JDeveloper started up again, with what seemed to be the initial new installation layout. I was able to open my existing projects, but the 2 PHP that I was editing during "the incident", were also 0 bytes. :-(

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I see there is an updated version 9052 that I will try. I didn't see anything like this in the "bugs fixed" for 9052. And, what's up with the Technical Forums at Oracle? I don't seem to have access to them anymore. I could swear I've read through the forums there before, but when I click on the link to it, it says there was an error like I don't have permission anymore. I even requested that my login and password be emailed to make sure I was typing the right thing. Received on Mon Sep 20 2004 - 12:31:03 CDT