Re: [q] Repository

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:52:13 +0200

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:56:12 +0300, Vysochin Artem <webber_at_astral.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to install Oracle Repository. I created tablespace for
>repository, grant required privileges. During the installation it says :
>ORA-01658 Unable create INITIAL extent ... In the help system about
>repository I found only poor information about installation process.
>
>Can anyone help me? Need all : advices,links to meterials and so on ...
>
>Thanks ,
>
>with best regards , webber_at_astral.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua

Some basic knowledge of Oracle is assumed. If you got ora-1658 you go to http://tahiti.oracle.com, you look up the error, you fire up another sql*plus session, you resize the datafile and you hit retry.
Apart from some RTFM-ing the only other good advice is apparently you hire someone who installs it for you.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA