Re: [q] Repository

From: Sybrand Bakker <>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:52:13 +0200

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:56:12 +0300, Vysochin Artem <> wrote:

>I want to install Oracle Repository. I created tablespace for
>repository, grant required privileges. During the installation it says :
>ORA-01658 Unable create INITIAL extent ... In the help system about
>repository I found only poor information about installation process.
>Can anyone help me? Need all : advices,links to meterials and so on ...
>Thanks ,
>with best regards ,

Some basic knowledge of Oracle is assumed. If you got ora-1658 you go to, you look up the error, you fire up another sql*plus session, you resize the datafile and you hit retry.
Apart from some RTFM-ing the only other good advice is apparently you hire someone who installs it for you.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA