Re: What controls automatic recompile of stored procedure

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:36:56 GMT

In article <ceubkr$8ag$1_at_zcars0v6.ca.nortel.com>, "Hill, James [MNBL1:9478:EXCH]" <jimhill_at_americasm01.nt.com> wrote:
>Is there something that controls the automatic recompiling of stored
>procedures? I have a stored procedure that is dependent on some tables that
>are replicated from a remote database. Whenever the table is changed, the
>stored procedure become invalid (that makes sense).
>
>If I call the procedure using SQLPlus or with a test application using ODBC
>from Windows, the procedure recompiles as expected and no errors are
>presented.
>
>But when I call the procedure from a UNIX client using the OpenLink UDBC
>library, it fails and gives me the error ORA-04043: Object PROC does not
>exist.
>
>Is there something that needs to be set at the session or something else
>that need to set the default to auto-recompile?

Oracle will not automatically recompile remote dependencies. Could be that [Quoted] your OpenLink UDBC acts as a compiler on the client side and is unable to compile the (local) procedure call on the client because of the invalid (remote)SP in the Oracle database.

As previously advised, it'd be wiser not to rely on automatic recompiling. Received on Fri Aug 06 2004 - 14:36:56 CEST

Original text of this message