user management using OID and active directory server

From: sunil Dua <dua12_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2004 05:58:57 -0700

Hi Forum members,

I need your expert comments and suggestions on the design solution I am working on. My client wants to design an application where internal user should be managed by the OID synchronisation with Active Directory server and uses the Single Sign on (SSO). While the other user (External to Intranet), who are roaming around the world will be accessing the site over the internet through Oracle Mobile server running on the top of Oracle 10gAS. On the client side they have Oracle Lite on a tablet PC. All the user will have a role and get access accordingly.

Now my problem is how should I define and configure them in the Active Directory server so that I can use and access them through a website while internal user will use the SSO. I am bit confused as

A.)If I keep userid/password of external user in tables it will be difficult for me to manage different repository for internal/external user.

B.) How good it would be, If I keep all my user on the Active directory server and group them as internal and external and get them authenticated from their. I am new to OID/AD so don't know if its possible and if yes how would OID react.

C.) As I know OID/AD get synchronised. Does it mean that I can hit OID and get both kinda user authenticated. And once get authenticated I can Go ahead and do the needful for SSO incase he belongs to Internal group and same for External user.

LOts of Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Sunil Dua Received on Thu Aug 05 2004 - 14:58:57 CEST

Original text of this message