Re: registry errors upgrading to oracle 9

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:38:00 +0200

[Quoted] "Jeff Chirco" <jchirco_at_adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8pSdnXizvMet8o3cRVn-uA_at_adelphia.com...
> Hi, I have just upgraded a few computers at my work from Oracle 8 to
Oracle
> 9.2. All went well except for 2 of the computers. The upgrade goes fine
> when logged in a one user, lets call user. When user is logged in all
> applications work fine. But when user or user or 4 log in, applications
that
> use oracle are not working. These are in house apps. Also if I try to
> install oracle 9 with user logged in I get and error about not able to
> create registry value. By the way, all users on this computer have the
same
> administrative privileges. It sounds like other users are not able to
write
> to the registry, but they are able to view it. Any help would be great.
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

First: PLEASE do not CROSSPOST !

What is Your Operating System ?
- One of those many Windoze versions still out there ? - Or do You even use Linux :) ?

Apps with Oracle: are You using

- Forms/Reports
- Oracle 11i (Financials)
- something else ...

Gessing makes no sense. We need more details to help You. Received on Wed Aug 04 2004 - 08:38:00 CEST

Original text of this message