RMAN and archived redo logs

From: SV <nono_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:30:31 +0200

Hi,

My configuration: Oracle9i Standard Edition on W2K.

What's the use of PLUS ARCHIVELOG option for the BACKUP command in RMAN?

What happens if I just execute BACKUP DATABASE, simply leave archived redo logs in their positions defined by the parameters LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST and LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST in init.ora, and then delete old redo logs with my own batch?

If I run DELETE OBSOLETE later on, will Oracle/RMAN delete archived redo logs as well, although they haven't been backed up by RMAN?

Thanks for any pointers, Received on Sat Jul 24 2004 - 07:30:31 CEST

Original text of this message