Re: HELP! - Unable to connect to remote Oracle database

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2004 01:08:47 -0700

Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com> wrote in message news:<cdfa1v$lsi2_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to connect to Oracle database from another server using
> Client/Server relationship.
>
> (FYI...Program is written as Pro*C using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 running on
> UNIX HP-UX11)
>
> In my Pro*C program, I am using syntax as follows:
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password AT :db_name USING
> :db_string;
>
> (Client Server: THS_1
> Database Server: THSORACLE
> Database Instance: DRLDBMS
> TNSNAMES defined on Client Server: DRLDBMS_THSORACLE
> )
>
> I have 2 instances running on THS_ORACLE, but I made the
> ORACLE_SID = DRLDBMS, ie. the instance I need to connect.
>
> So for the above connection, I am using:
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password AT 'DRLDBMS' USING
> 'DRLDBMS_THSORACLE'
>
> But it is still failed in connection.
>
> Would you please advise on what I am missing?
>
> Regards,
> Ursula

Ursula, no one in this group is clairvoyant, and not posting the *exact* error message (other than 'it doesn't work') is not going to provide you any useful replies.
Please post the exact error message.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jul 19 2004 - 10:08:47 CEST

Original text of this message