FRM-10150 with Forms5 on Citrix ...

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:05:39 +0200

Please donīt laugh, this combination it was not my decision ...

Yes, I did RTFM and googling.
I was on metalink and found only 2 hints - for Forms Designer. We only use Forms Developer ...

I just would like to know if anybody here ever observed FRM-10150 in the following situation:

Database Server OEE 8.1.7 on AIX, connected via Net8 Listener Citrix Terminal Server (1 DC, 1 FS, 5 TS) on Windows2003Server Forms5 (long desupported, I know I know ...) installed on Citrix Desktop for 200 "Wintendo" Client Users (Forms Runtime only), 4 inhouse developers use Developer2000 - those are getting the error.

FRM-10150 occurs when the developer closes Developer2000 on Citrix Desktop. Then, Dev2K tries to write on file E:\Orawin95\cauprefs.ora on the current Terminal Server.
Also, thus, the 4 deveoplers would use the same pref file, which could raise some problems ...
It maybe not an Oracle but a Citrix issue, it just happens now when using Oracle Forms.
It is not yet a production environment, we are still playing around with Citrix ...

Some may ask why t** f*** do we not move to 9i/10g Web Forms - well, there are some
people who can just say No and "Basta". They want to keep their inhouse C/S and thatīs it.

So: has anybody here experienced something similar ? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Jan Received on Thu Jul 08 2004 - 14:05:39 CEST

Original text of this message