Re: Forms Upgrade to Oracle 9i using the FMA/WebUtil

From: anacedent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:29:52 -0700

ptreves wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What do you mean by client side integration in a Web environment ?
>
> I need to know when migrating from Client/Server to Web do I realy
> need to purchase the Forms Developer in the iDS or can WebUtil and/or
> FMA do the job for me ?
>
> Keep in mind that I have a 44 forms project with 7 reports. I have
> forms calling forms, forms calling reports and forms calling stand
> alone forms applications.
>
> I need to change RUN_PRODUCT built ins to RUN_REPORT_OBJECT and
> RUN_PRODUCT to OPEN_FORM. There might be other changes needed as well.
>
> Can all this be done automatically with WebUtil and FMA without
> purchasing the iDS ?
>
> The iDS is about 7000$, the FMA and WebUtil are Free.
> Keep in mind I am also migrating from Forms 6i to Forms 9i.
>
> Regards,
>
> PT

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Our forms & reports are developed using the 6i PC based tools. These forms and reports can be run by PCs in client/server mode. I take the same "source" files & compile them for 9iAS R2; web forms & reports; so iDS is NOT really required. What is required is 9iAS R2 to deploy the webforms & reports. Received on Thu Jul 01 2004 - 02:29:52 CEST

Original text of this message