Oracle Forms with master-detail relationship

From: Greg <gschiber_at_ttbi.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2004 06:28:33 -0700

[Quoted] I have a data block based on a view that joins 6 different tables. There are 20 fields displayed to the user. I want the user to be able to update 4 of the fields but this isn't possible with the view. I created a second datablock with these 4 fields on it and then defined a master-detail relationship with the master being the 'view' datablock and the 4-field datablock being the detail. I set 'Deferred' and 'Automatic Query' both to NO.

All the fields including the 4 on the 2nd datablock are on the same canvas and therefore displayed to the user all at the same time. When I execute query on the master datablock I expect the 4 fields on the detail to be displayed also; but only the first record has these 4 fields displayed (my datablock displays 15 records at a time). How can I get the remaining 14 records to display the values of the 4 fields?

I've tried setting Automatic Query to YES, but it didn't help.

Thank you. Received on Thu Jun 24 2004 - 15:28:33 CEST

Original text of this message