Re: multiple queries in toad

From: Open Wound <openwound5000_at_aol.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 14:05:12 -0700

cambridgeways_at_hotmail.com (Cambridgeways) wrote in message news:<e0774553.0406191553.4637d3d1_at_posting.google.com>...
> I'm new to Toad (free version). I would like to execute a series of
> SQL statements like this:
>
> select table_code, table_val from address_types;
>
> select table_code, table_val from name_types;
>
> When I select either one and select 'Execute Current SQL' it runs.
> When I select 'Execute SQL All', I get an error 'ORA-00911: invalid
> character' and the first statement is highlighted until the semicolon.
> So it seems to be objecting to the semicolon. When I select 'Execute
> SQL Window Via SQL Plus', both statements run successfully.
>
> Am I missing a setting somewhere that would allow Toad to understand
> that I want multiple statements to run? Any help is appeciated.

You can surround multiple statements with a BEGIN and an END; to execute at them at once. However, it appears you are trying to display multiple resultsets (tables) in one grid at the same time. Toad doesn't support this. Why do you want multiple tables to be displayed in the grid at the same time? Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 23:05:12 CEST

Original text of this message