Re: OCI Application without Oracle Client?

From: mark tomlinson <marktoml_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:58:19 -0400

Frank Piron wrote:
> i would like to know if it is possible to deploy an
> OCI Application without installing a complete Oracle
> Client.

Instant Client (new with the 10g release) should work fine for you and is supported against database versions back to 8.1.

> Or are there Oracle Tools to build an Installer
> for my own?

Not anymore. There used to be an SDK for the client CD that would let you build an InstallShield image that could redistribute the Oracle components. Unless you are going to use the Oracle Installer itself (via something like the Software Pacakager) I don't think anything is still [Quoted] around that will help. However, given the simplicity of the InstantClient I don't see why you could not easily wrap this in your own   installer code for some third party installer. Received on Thu Jun 17 2004 - 14:58:19 CEST

Original text of this message