Re: Add database to tree

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:52:45 +1000

"David Gray" <police_at_spamcop.net> wrote in message news:nvptc01k06dmrhtta8l6vfvm0a78lnrq12_at_4ax.com...
> Hi,
>
> I checked the contents of listener.ora and there is an entry for the
> database DG, all looks to be pretty much the same as your example.
>
> LISTENER =
> (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
> )
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ZIRCON)(PORT = 1521))
> )
> )
> )
>
> SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> (SID_LIST =
> <snip entries for other databases>
> (SID_DESC =
> (GLOBAL_DBNAME = DG)
> (ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\ora92)
> (SID_NAME = DG)
> )
> )

> Stopped & restarted the service OracleOrahome92TNSListener.

[Quoted] And then you stopped and re-started the agent, I hope?

> The c:\oracle\ora92\network\agent\services.ora file does not contain
> an entry for the database DG and looks like this...

Well, it's not clear from your post whether you did or not, but you can't expect that file to suddenly acquire new content without stopping and starting your agent service. If you like, delete services.ora and *.q from O_H\network\agent before trying to re-start the agent.

> Is this file rebuilt from the LISTENER.ORA & TNSNAMES.ORA files when
> the service starts?

[Quoted] The tnsnames has got nothing to do with it at all. But yes, the file is re-constructed every time the agent is re-started, by taking a fresh look at the listener.ora's SID_LIST section.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 15:52:45 CEST

Original text of this message