Re: Working directory in SQL*Plus.

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:20:22 +0200

Paul wrote:

> fvanbortel_at_netscape.net says...
>

>>>How do I tell SQL*Plus to move between directories? I've tried 'host cd
>>>g:\Paul\c1' (to where I removed the script), but when I exit the dos
>>>window and go back to the gui tool, it appears that it is still stuck in
>>>g:\Paul. host dir still gives me g:\Paul and the script fails. It also
>>>fails if I use sqlplus from the dos window.

>>Bottom line:

>>Concatenate the std Windows way, using ";":
>>set sqlpath=c:\paul\c1;c:\paul\c2;c:\work\sql etc

>>The above is ordered, that is look in 1) first, when
>>not found, then 2)

> OK, so (within SQL*Plus, either by issuing a 'host cd MyNewWorkingDir'
> or some other method) it is not possible to change directories, and have
> '.', as your default working directory, and then be able to go down the
> line of directories in your SQLPATH variable?
>
> If this is the case, I think that it should be changed.
>
> Paul...

Don't quite understand what you're getting at, but: <quote> either by issuing a 'host cd MyNewWorkingDir'  > or some other method </quote>
so you changed your current working directory... Yes, you can do that.

<quote> and then be able to go down the
 > line of directories </quote>
errh... if you try to run my_proc (_at_myproc), and myproc.sql is NOT in the current directory, then SQLPATH will be traversed.
If that's what you mean

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel