Working directory in SQL*Plus.

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 20:40:55 +0100

[Quoted] Hi all,

I am working my way through "Beginning Oracle Programming" by Dillon, Beck, Kyte & al.

Now, around p. 139, they start to introduce the idea of running scripts, which is all fine and dandy, so they give an example of a script and say that if you place this *_IN YOUR WORKING DIRECTORY_*, it will run thus

SQL> connect hr/hr
SQL> _at_myscript

so, I tried putting the file into C:\Documents and Settings\Paul and also C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents, which I thought were the two standard windows working dirs. But it can't find them. If I include _at_'C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\myscript.sql' it works fine, but I don't want to have to specify the path all the time.

Could someone tell me where I have to put the script so that it will work with simply a _at_myscript? Using W2000 Pro, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0.

TIA. Paul...

--
plinehan  y_a_h_o_o  and d_o_t  com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com