Re: SQL-SPAMMER - Just another toad

From: <no_at_spam.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2004 22:27:16 -0700

In article <4%5vc.2223$XF4.672_at_newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, Michael Austin says...

> WRT cost of TOAD.. I personally do not know anyone who ever "paid" for
>it... they usually just download the free trial version...
>
>So, how can you get lower cost than free... unless they are willing to
>pay me to use it :)

According to their website, "The TOAD Freeware version may be used for a maximum of five (5) users..." If more than 5 people in your company regularly download TOAD your company will get a call from Quest.

[Quoted] I like TOAD, but it has its limitations. It doesn't support browsing the command history using up/down arrow keys. I ended up writing my own tool for this reason alone. I would appreciate it if you would try my program and give feedback. http://www.sqlpal.com/sqlpal.zip (You can see a screenshot at http://www.sqlpal.com ) I have updated it a few minutes back to fix a couple of bugs. Please send feedback to sqlpal (at) sqlpal (dot) com Received on Wed Jun 02 2004 - 07:27:16 CEST

Original text of this message