Multiple logical pages in Oracle Reports Builder 9

From: Ladislav Ligart <ligart_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 May 2004 06:38:43 -0700

I have a report that's by "entity". Each entity has multiple sections of data that show or don't show depending on various attributes about the entity. The amount of data within each section may vary.

The end result is that a given entity's full report spans multiple physical pages, the total number of which can't be determined in advance; it may fit on 2 pages, it may take 6. The report may also contain multiple entities, with a new entity starting on a new page.

Each physical page also has a same common header and footer defined for that entity. In other words, this is a report, not a form I'm trying to print on some large-format paper. I need my header/footer/margins!

Here's a representation of the report. Each entity is a non-repeating frame containing sections, which are also non-repeating frames.

   object physical page logical page

  • ------------- ------------ Entity 1 1 1 Section A 2 2 Section B 3 3 Entity 2 Section A 4 1 Entity 3 Section A 5 1 Section B 6 2 Section C 7 3 Section D 8 4 Entity 4 Section A 9 1 Section D 10 2 Section E 11 3

The problem is, I can't get an entity's logical pages 2-onward to ever print on a physical page. I always get logical page 1 for each entity, and may see the start of a section that I know should roll to logical page 2, but it never comes out.

I have been trying various combinations of Print Object On and Base Printing On to no avail.

TIA
:-G Received on Mon May 24 2004 - 15:38:43 CEST

Original text of this message