Re: data row

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:43:47 -0500

cmarchand_at_norambar.ca (Curtis) wrote:

>"David" <dacon_at_medinet-igd.com> wrote in message news:<c7nqog$ic5$1_at_nsnmpen3-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net>...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Knows anybody how i can move data from a row to another row in the same
>> table?
>>
>> row A Data
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>>
>> Move to row B (empy)
>>
>> I think that I can rename the rows, how i can do it?
>>
>> I'm using Oracle 8.1.7
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> David
>
>This is the sql that will copy rowA to rowB.
>You can add where clause also.
>
>Update tableX set rowB = RowA;
>
>Curtis

I cannot imagine that code working..( you cannot specify a row of Oracle data as the update info like that). To duplicate the existing row ( if that is what David actually wants to do) use
insert into table select * from table where  ( whatever identifies the row you want to duplicate - WHY you want duplicate records eludes me, however).

There is simply not enough information provided to make a good reply.. How can 1 row have what looks like 3 rows of data? David, please post the output of a DESC Table_name .