Beginners OCI questions (Linux)...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:57:03 +0200

Hi!
[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm about to start OCI programming on a Linux oracle 9.2.0.4. I've had a look at the docs and I still got the following problems:
- Where is the system specific information on compiling and linking?

   I can't find it in the pdf docs.
- What headerfiles do I have to include? The demo directory contains

   an oci.h but I can hardly believe that even non-demo programs have    to include files from the demo directory.
- All the headerfiles I found mention OCI V8. Is this the current version
  or is there a V9 to go with the 9i database?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 18:57:03 CEST

Original text of this message