Re: Proc*c help

From: G Dahler <>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:20:07 -0500

"Jay" <> a écrit dans le message de
> All,
> I am trying to put a PL/SQL block ( with UTL_FILE file process )
> within a pro*c program.
> I was able to compile with cc ( gmake ), but getting a 'STOP ERROR'.
> The PL?SQL block itslef is workg fine under sqlplus.
> Any idea as whether it is possible to run PL/SQL (with UTL_FILE) to
> run embedded in pro*c?
> Thanks

Why would you use UTL_FILE in a PRO*C program ? Use open() read() and write() !

If you are already at the PRO*C level, why not simply use the native C library: lot more options than UTL_FILE, lot more flexible, lot more powerful. Received on Wed Mar 31 2004 - 22:20:07 CEST

Original text of this message