OCCI::getColumnListMetaData() fails in Win32 build.

From: jakob.kollmann <jakob.kollmann_at_denimbox.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:49:11 +0200

Hello!

I'm developing a potable c++ application for Linux and Windows using the OCCI API. The following code works with Linux but fails when building in MSCV 6.0 (with Intel compiler 8.0):

         pocciConn = pocciConnPool->createConnection ( m_sUser, m_sPwd );
         pocciStmt = pocciConn->createStatement ( sQuery );
         pocciStmt->execute ();
         pocciRSet = pocciStmt->getResultSet();
         // get column info
         OCCI_STD_NAMESPACE::vector<MetaData> mdata;
         mdata = pocciRSet->getColumnListMetaData();

Compiling and linking is OK but when the getColumnListMetaData()- function is called in Win32, there is an assertion called:

HEAP[wtest.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 00B60000, 00C39090 )

In Linux there is a restriction about the compiler (gcc 2.96) because of the prebuild libraries. I can't find something like that with Win, is that correct?

Has somebody got the same problem (and solved it already :) )?

Tia, jakob Received on Mon Mar 29 2004 - 21:49:11 CEST

Original text of this message