Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Database Guy <dbguy101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2004 16:37:12 -0800

[Quoted] sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0403250419.48e16cce_at_posting.google.com>...
> Ron <fdf_at_dmb.no> wrote in message news:<1064ungbvq55jd0_at_news.supernews.com>...
> > I found an interesting article by Karen Southwick about Oracle's
> > supposed "murky" (in her own words) future. Can someone counter her
> > arguments.
> >
> > http://news.com.com/2010-1071-5072299.html
> >
> > Should I select Oracle or should I go with
> >
> > PostgreSQL.com (free and in my opinion, extremely reliable), MYSQL, MS
> > SQL Server or DB2?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> None of these products you mention come anywhere near the
> feature set of Oracle.

[Quoted] Not true - DB2 certainly does, for one. Probably as many bugs too.

> why don't you go ahead and 'buy' one of the toys you mention?

[Quoted] This is pure prejudice. PostgreSQL may lack the scalability of DB2/Oracle but is a stable and mature product; while even SQL Server is rather more than a "toy" these days. You talk of slander yet seem to be second to none in the bias department.

DG Received on Fri Mar 26 2004 - 01:37:12 CET

Original text of this message