Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Charlie Edwards <charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2004 03:19:36 -0800

Ron <fdf_at_dmb.no> wrote in message news:<1064ungbvq55jd0_at_news.supernews.com>...
> I found an interesting article by Karen Southwick about Oracle's
> supposed "murky" (in her own words) future. Can someone counter her
> arguments.
>
> http://news.com.com/2010-1071-5072299.html
>
> Should I select Oracle or should I go with
>
> PostgreSQL.com (free and in my opinion, extremely reliable), MYSQL, MS
> SQL Server or DB2?
>
> Thanks!

I think Karen Southwick may be more interested in pushing her biography of Larry, "Everyone Else Must Fail".

This (quite old) article seems irrelevant in terms of choosing which database to go for. I don't think Oracle's going anywhere, though I wouldn't buy any shares right now.

As to your question, well it depends completely on what it is you want to do with your database, how much money you have, what other limitations you have (e.g. platform) etc etc.

CE Received on Thu Mar 25 2004 - 12:19:36 CET

Original text of this message