Re: Dump compatibility - using EXP / IMP

From: DenDBA <blmike2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2004 00:59:43 -0800

I've tried it and it works just fine. I copied the exp.exe from the oracle_home\bin dir from a 8.0.5 database to a server with a 8.1.7. Renamed it to exp805.exe and executed it to make a dumpfile. The dump could then be read with the imp from the 8.0.5 database. Never tried it with a 9i, but I would suspect it's the same...

Mike.