Re: Forms 6i documentation... Please show me a way.

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:31:20 +0100

"Tamer" <rookiedba_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e91bf6a5.0403110229.496cbac_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> Do you know where can I find a reference book (chm, pdf etc.) to help
> me out writing triggers in Forms Builder 6i?
> For example I can change one of my data block fields like:
>
> BEGIN
> set_item_property('INF_R5FIXED.FIX_CODE',VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE,'NORMAL');
> set_item_property('INF_R5FIXED.LANG',LABEL,'Cost Code');
> END;
>
> These are fine. But I can't change a property of my Canvas. I want to
> change my canvas' tab_page name when user hits a button. What should I
> do? I tried:
>
> SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('CANVAS79.KAYIT',LABEL,'REPORTING');
>
> But it didn't work...
> Please advise me a reference book for things like these syntax issues.
> Thanks.
>
> Tamer.

Hi.
From scratch I would suggest You to try SET_CANVAS_PROPERTY( ) instead. For syntax details look up the online help (F1) in Forms Builder - it is not well documented,
but F1 it is the Number One source of information.

There are very few books about Forms out there, but their quality is - erh, discussable ... In Your case I might RTFM in the book "Forms Developers Handbook" by Lulushi (Prentice Hall).
It is expensive, but better than nothing ... And, BTW, non of the doccos are available as ebooks, AFAIK.

hth, Jan Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 12:31:20 CET

Original text of this message