Re: Avoid displaying connect messages in SQL*Plus

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:02:33 -0500

"Juan Carlos Pe?uela" <jcpenuela_at_supercable.es> wrote in message news:7345dcbf.0402250419.68f1f139_at_posting.google.com...
| 'Hi!,
|
| I need suppress the "Conectado" (connect) message which is displayed
| when I use the CONN command in SQL*Plus.
|
| I tried with FEEDBACK, ECHO, PAGESIZE..... etc. Is there any way to
| "connected" message not to be displayed.
|
| Thanks a lot.
|
| P.D.: Sorry for my english! :-)

if you want to suppress if from displaying on the screen (or to piped output), use SET TERMOUT OFF. ie:

reconnect.sql script:

set termout off
connect &1
set termout on
set heading off
set pause off
select
'Currently connect as '
|| user
|| ' at '
||global_name

from global_name;
set heading on

SQL> _at_reconnect scott/tiger

Currently connect as SCOTT at DEV01.US.ORACLE.COM

SQL> _at_reconnect bad/credentials
SP2-0640: Not connected

(of course, it sounds like you would not want any validation message at all, so just leave out the SELECT ... FROM GLOBAL_NAME)

if you want to 'suppress' it from a spool file, don't open the spool file until you issue the connect

does this cover your scenarios?

;-{ mcs Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 15:02:33 CET

Original text of this message