Re: Does Oracle 10g make the Application Server (almost) insignificant?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:34:11 -0800

Ron wrote:

> Hello Niall,
>
> All depends on scale and scope of application. When It is coming to
> real-world implementation things don't scale like in theory.
>
> For example you may need 10 database servers just to support user
> sign-ins and registrations.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron

At Boeing a few years back, when the company had more than 200,000 employees, it was all handled with a single server. And we often had 10,000 simultaneous connections: Ask me how I know. ;-)

How many simultaneous users do you need to require 10 database servers to support user sign-ins and registrations? And where has this been implemented?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu