Forms 6i patch 10 Solaris: web.show_document intermittent problem

From: Bib Endum <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:00:46 -0500

Hello

On some machines, from time to time, our oracle forms application is having problem using th web.show_document built-in.

We are using form 6i path 10 on solaris.

Most of the time, the call
web.show_document('http://some_machine.some_domain','_blank') works just fine, I mean, it starts a new instance of IE and open the url in the new browser window, but sometimes nothing happens. It does not crash, but the user no longer can use the web.show_document. The only way to fix the problem is to exeit the forms application an start anew, which is a royal pain.

It's not easily reproducible but many users experience it, you have to use the application a lot to reproduce it.

Any help would b appreciated.

We are exploring the possibility of using an "in house" java bean to display the document, but we don't want to reinvent the wheel, not to mention our almost inexistent java experience.

We could probably easily code a java function to do what we want, but I'm pretty sure that integrating that function ito forms will be very difficult and buggy. I have the gutt feeling that integrating a java bean in forms 6i is as complicated and buggy as was integrating an user exit back in forms 3.0 under DOS :-) Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 22:00:46 CET

Original text of this message