Re: Profiling an instance

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2004 16:10:00 -0800

sandiyan_at_yahoo.co.uk (sandiyan) wrote in message news:<69e9c64b.0402050957.3caac34f_at_posting.google.com>...
> We've got DB instances running of an Orcale server. User accounts have
> been created and space allocated on each instance.
>
> I am wondering, what(and how) scripts/tools that I can run to see real
> time activities on an instance for a user
>
> I had a browse and it seems that few SQL scripts are available on the
> following directory but, not quite sure what/how to use for my
> purpose...
>
> ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin
>
> cheers,
> Sandiyan

Check out the OEM (Enterprise Manager) tools that come with the database, some parts of which may be optional, depending on your version (which you should always state, along with your hardware).

It might be Start --> Programs --> mumbleOraclemumble --> Enterprise Manager Console.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/em.920/a88748/pmchap.htm

You should have support, therefore you should check out http://metalink.oracle.com .

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=131704.1

http://pipetalk.quest-pipelines.com/~dba has a decent "beginning dba" board.