Re: Need Help: Question on Export/Import

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:11:18 +0100

"M" <someone_at_microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:bvomhf$212r$1_at_news.hgc.com.hk...
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a Oracle Developer which occassionally need to perform some simple DBA
> work.
> Recently I'm trying to setup another PC with Oracle 8.1.5 and needed to
> export
> a schema in the old DB to the new one. However, the data imported cannot
> seems
> not correctly, specifically, those double-byte characters.
>
> My export script is:
> exp file=c:\db_data.dmp userid=system/manager owner=busapp
>
> where busapp is the schema containing all the data.
>
> This export script runs well and data are exported with no warnings.
> The NLS_LANG of the old DB is AMERICAN_AMERICA.ZHT16BIG5.
>
> When I import this to the new DB, it has error/warning as follows:
>
> IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 2437:
> "ALTER TABLE "MY_TAB" ADD CONSTRAINT "TAB_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("BUS_N"
> "O") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIA"
> "L 802816 NEXT 147456 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 300 PCTINCREASE 1 FREELISTS 1
> "
> "FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "SYSTEM" ENABLE
> NOVALIDAT"
> "E"
>
> Import terminated successfully with warnings.
>
> Can anyone guide me to found a solution? As I mentioned before, I'm not the
> DBA,
> so please let me know the concept towards solving the problem.
>
> Thanks very much.
> Mandy

ORA-02437 cannot validate (string.string) - primary key violated Cause: An attempt was made to validate a primary key with duplicate values or null values. [Quoted] Action: Remove the duplicates and null values before enabling a primary key.

[Quoted] So seems you have duplicate values in bus_no columns.

btw, you should *never* create your object in the tablespace SYSTEM.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 19:11:18 CET

Original text of this message