Re: Developer Suite 10g - what's new ?

From: Sue Harper <sue.harper_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 04:34:23 -0800

Andy Hardy <junkmail_at_[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message news:<+R0jYiEebbAAFwtl@[127.0.0.1]>...
> In message <wLaMb.598$Ed.13973_at_news4.e.nsc.no> , Harald Aga
> <harald.aga_at_online.no> writes
>
> >Sue Harper, Principal Manager for Oracle Designer, said at Oracle Open World
> >in Paris: "We're not giving you anything new in Designer 10g".
>
> Same story during her UK Oracle User Group conference presentation - to
> the extent that XML data-types might never be supported...

The full name for the latest Developer Suite release is Oracle Developer Suite 10g(9.0.4). This does mean that some of the products in the suite, such as Designer, are the 9.0.4 release with minor changes. Other tools in the suite have significant changes, such as Forms, as was pointed out in a separate posting. Over the past year, the Designer development team has added features to Designer in an ongoing basis. e.g Features such as the Repository Object Browser, which gives users the ability to query their repositories using a browser was made available in a release early in 2003. See http://otn.oracle.com/products/designer for more. Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 13:34:23 CET

Original text of this message