Re: Oracle 9i Merge available from OCI

From: Norman Dunbar <norman.dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 00:19:57 -0800

Morning Nick,

"Nick Palmer" <nick_at_kcicorp.com> wrote in message news:<100846mbq07sh47_at_corp.supernews.com>...

> Norm, thanks for the reply.

Welcome.

> You basically found what I found in your PS. It seems that there is no
> notion of merge in any of the OCI stuff.

True, but .......

> I haven't tried doing a small
> sample
> because it didn't seem like there was any support for merge in OCI. Maybe
> I'll give it a shot.

Ah well, I was bored last night in my B&B (I'm away from home) so I fired up the trusty laptop and 'wrote' a small example - straight out of the SQL Manual example, and, "it just works".

I didn't bother trying to determine the statement type - I leave that as an exercise for the reader :o)

Cheers,
Norm.

Still having to Google - we are tied down tighter than a duck's bottom here.
Don't reply to the email address it is an old one which I can't get access to change at the moment - still, less spam that way. Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:19:57 CET

Original text of this message