silent installs of 8.1.7 client problems

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospamyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:03:12 GMT

We are trying to roll out Oracle services for MTS and an upgrade to the Oracle ODBC driver along with the regular 8.1.7 client, which has been getting rolled out to users machines via SMS 2.0 (which I just found out Oracle does not support with 8.1.7)
The client portion on its own rolls out ok, but rolling out the MTS portion it fails. SMS just reports that it failed.

Currently we have the client on 300+ user machines, a new database app coming online soon needs the Oracle services for MTS and updated Oracle ODBC driver, we do not relish the idea of having to do these installs manually.

Any pointers or tips/tricks so we can get this to work?, or is there a better way of doing this? Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 17:03:12 CET

Original text of this message