Re: Executing Oracle stored procedure from a Java stored procedure

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:06:42 -0800

Jim Harrington wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Apparently Alain got sidetracked, but I'm seeing exactly the same
> situation. Here are my answers to your questions:
>
> 1) RS6000 - 4GB
> 2) AIX 4.3.3 maintenance level 10
> 3) 9.2.0.3
> 4) java shared pool 150M, shared pool 200M
> 5) N/A
>
> In our case, we have a java based function that calls a PL/SQL stored
> procedure that opens up a number of cursors. The java function
> consumes all the cursors, puting the resulting data into HashMaps that
> are then serialized and the resulting byte[] returned by the java
> function as a BLOB.
>
> When the logic that the java functions is executed outside of the
> database, about 2.5MB of memory is used. This leads us to believe
> that it is unlikely that we are exceeding the 150MB we have in the
> java shared pool. When we run, the database connection cores and
> leaves a trace file. We have found that if we trim down the select
> clauses of the queries made in the PL/SQL procedure, we can cause the
> overall call to succeed.

Well I I might as well announce I have a broken leg so my ability to function, given a fair dosage of opiates in my bloodstream is somewhat altered. With that caveat I'd suggest that you, or someone here in the group look for bugs on metalink. Because nothing jumps out at me immediately other than suggesting that you patch to 9.2.0.4.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu