Re: What's the best development tool for Oracle ?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:48:08 -0800

Robert A.M. van Lopik wrote:

> By the way, what is left of those other Enterprise Dictionaries? The IBM-one
> was called AD/Cycle, IIRC, and there was also an effort by Microsoft,
> Platinum and Rational. That was all in the mid nineties.
>
> ciao
> rob van lopik

Platinum sold ERwin, if that is what you were refering to, to Computer Associates and it is now available as AllFusion ERwin.

[Quoted] Your comment about Oracle's Designer and "end-of-life"? What is the origin of this comment? Designer is alive and well AFAIK.

I am afraid B. Dimple would rather be angry than solve the problem. He has yet to tell anyone precisely what it is he is trying to do. And the phrase "Data Dictionary" is so broad in scope as to be near meaningless.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu