Re: Permission denied executing sqlplus on Windows

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:11:47 -0000

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:k4ihvvsfgjggkvsdi7tq8i87776ivh9drf_at_4ax.com...
> Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote:
> It comes to my mind that this kind of problem began after we
> introduced Windows 2000 and deprecated Windows NT. I will check the
> version tomorrow.
>
> A normal user can't even read the $ORACLE_HOME directory (access
> denied).

Hi

[Quoted] The normal permissions that get set on ORACLE_HOME did change as of 9.2 (or maybe 9..0.1), However my understanding was that they changed to

Administrators +SYSTEM - Full Control
Authenticated Users - READ

Note that the EVERYONE group is no longer included. This normally shows up with accounts with restricted rights (the classic being IIS ) not having rights to the oracle executables. Not sure what the actual rights required to be an 'authenticated' user are though.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA